Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Come UNtO Christ

I introduced our YW to the 2014 theme on Sunday.
“Come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness” 

I saw a cute UNO birthday handout a while ago on Sugar Doodle (See HERE)

It was the inspiration for my lesson. 
I broke the Scripture down into a few different parts to go along with the UNO cards. 

Come Unto Christ
DRAW 2-  I asked the YW what that meant, and had them give ideas on how to do that. Their answers were great!!

Be perfect in Him
WILD CARD- "Jesus Christ is the perfect example of all eight Young Women values. As you work on Personal Progress, your efforts will help you become more like Him". (Rachel Nielsen)

Deny yourself all Ungodliness
SKIP- Skip sin. "While boulders surely block our way, loose gravel slows discipleship, too. Even a small stone can become a stumbling block". (Neal A Maxwell)

REVERSE- REPENTANCE  

Draw 4- these are 4 goals I have given to my YW to accomplish this year. 

1- Memorize The Living Christ- In my previous post i have explained how we plan on doing that! 
http://alittlecrafting.blogspot.com/2014/01/memorizing-living-christ-printables.html
2- a 90-day Book of Mormon Challenge- We will all start and stop on the same day!
3- a 5K we can do Hard things. I think this will help with Unity.
4- Attending the temple (1+ as a YW group, 1+ individual classes, 2+ on their own)

So for their B-days this year we are giving them a Mini Pack of UNO cards and a UNO Card. It will be in a cute little cellophane bag with this handout! I was going to use regular UNO cards but had no idea they were like $6 each so we went with the Mini ones I found on Amazon for about $1.25 each. I think this could also be a really cute conference treat!





No comments: